Monday, March 23, 2015

The Best Kind of Sick

I haven't written a blog post, because I had too much free time... I suppose that requires some explanation.

I'm sick! Terribly sick. Dying, even. Well, coughing.

I have a cold.

But don't worry, I feel great. I'm just dripping a little. A lot, maybe. It's possible I may have filled six garbage bags with used kleenex in the last three days.

In any case, I've been contagious, so I've been off work. Doing better today but now with some laryngitis.

Energy though, I've got energy to spare. That's the thing about time off from a physical job, you need to keep moving.

Friday and Saturday I hiked to the cliffs in Wrinkly Face Provincial Park...

Volcanic Ash. Either from Mount Mazama's big blast or one of Mount Saint Helens' many eruptions. Not the one you may remember.

Basalt!

BASALT!

COLUMNAR BASALT!


On the 22nd I hiked instead to the top of those cliffs, and got these shots...


Very noisy shooting range on the lower right here. But they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist

Just to see the degree of elevation change. I suppose I should have a fisheye lens for this.

This is the kind of high-quality trail that helps keep the tourists out right now.

And today, I went to a different section of the same highlands, and got some pictures of the same general direction. This spot is called The Grand View.
Grand enough, I suppose.

And these got me here.

And this smallish glacier is what I spent three hours hiking on.

So as you can see, I have a perfectly legitimate excuse for not writing any angry political rants. How could I be angry.

Drippy and coughing but energetic is the best kind of sick. Perfect for a staycation.

No comments: