Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reintroduction

I feel like I've been neglecting this blog lately... my posting frequency has slipped a bit.

OK, well, it's now been more years idle (6) than total posts (4). That's probably not a good sign.

What can I say? Late 2008 was not a particularly good time to start a blog. I went back to school in December 2008, straight into a job after finishing that, moved 6 times since then... I got distracted.

So I'm thinking about starting a blog again. I still have lots to say. Twitter is far too limiting in scope. Facebook is the domain of supervisors, distant family, and old friends I haven't seen since Grade 5. Are blogs still a thing? I don't know. I still read bunches of them, but I'm hardly plugged into current trends here.

Two people have told me recently that I should be blogging… maybe they just meant so I wouldn’t ramble on so much in person, I don’t know. In any case, I want to write again, and this seems like the way to do it. I expect it will have very little resemblance to the old blog, still visible at the bottom. Not nearly so much political history, for one thing. I'm just back here because I still like the name. A terrible bit of wordplay based on an obscure hit of parliamentary procedure? I'm in.

I think I'll try to be a little more clear of my limitations this time. To be honest, I'm not an expert at anything. At all. I'm fact, there are very few areas in which I can be considered halfway competent, and I don't expect to talk about those very much. This blog will hopefully be a little less of me trying to professorize to you and a little more of you just catching a glimpse of my awkward stumbling steps towards being slightly less misinformed.

Bear with me.

...

Aw, nuts. Now I want to call this blog Bear With Me. Is that already taken?

No comments: