Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Product review - Travel mug, 16 oz, screw-top lid

So, this happened. It was too funny not to share, so I spent today's blogging time trying to make it work.



Some time ago I bought this mug you see
And many times it’s held coffee or tea
It holds the right amount to slake my thirst
When e’er I need a mug I choose this first.
I love the squid design upon the side
But pretty though it was, it's set aside.
For in my hour of need I was betrayed
This travel mug, I fear, was poorly made.
The day was cold, the hour was growing late,
But in the hospital I had to wait.
Two maidens fair, new students, stood within
And helped us tend the worst out of the din.
I showed my nimble hands and clever wit
Well, passably, at least a little bit.
When things slowed down they came to talk to me
But it was late, I needed some coffee.
So while we talked I took a lengthy sip
But not all of the coffee reached my lip
The o-ring in the lid had somehow dried
The coffee leaked and landed on my hide.
I didn’t realize that it spilled, not yet,
Although I guess my chin was getting wet.
But though the drink was hot it didn’t hurt
It dribbled down my neck and on my shirt.
The ladies gestured both towards my face
But still I did not realize my disgrace
Then, giggling, they told me what transpired
And quick to the restroom I retired.
I’ve kept this mug, but only in my home
I leave it when beyond my walls I roam
I have a different mug for when I’m out
For, lacking working lid, I’ll always doubt.


No comments: