Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This Gangster Thing Just Gets Worse and Worse

After four all-nighters, I went out hiking today around Peachland.



And now I’m back on another night… this was not particularly well planned. I should probably have had a nap or something. Well, too late now.

I don’t really have the time to write much, and I haven’t really had the chance to check the news either. But I did spot this story: “Gangsters should pay their own medical bills.”

This sort of ties in with a post I wrote a couple months ago, on disclosing the private information of shooting victims. But I think this one is even worse. Because, hey. If these people were accused of crimes they could be tried. And if they had been convicted of crimes they could be imprisoned. But they haven’t been, have they? All we have to go on here is unsubstantiated suspicions. This is hardly a reasonable cause to deny people medical care.

It could be worth noting at this point that convicted criminals get medical care, the same as anyone else in Canada. Is that important? It seems like that might be important.

This is effectively denying medical care not to criminals but rather to anyone the present government disagrees with. The only remedy, as far as I can tell, would be to sue the government for libel, and get the accusation retracted.

Bad mayor. No cookie.

No comments: