Wednesday, June 3, 2015

In Lieu Of Posting

I have two excellent posts, both half done. And by half done I mean I have thought about them but haven't written anything down. So in lieu of that, I'll just copy a facebook post that I'm particularly proud of:

I think I've been robbed! I'm not absolutely sure... it's one of many possibilities in a list that also includes me being forgetful and mischievous elves. But robbery seems like the most likely possibility.
It happened sometime in the last three days, but most likely this afternoon while I was parked at the Myra Trestles. I say that's the most likely because not only is that when I first noticed it but I had also parked right next to the spot where last year there was a sign saying "Thieves Operating In Area, Do Not Leave Valuables In Your Car".
The sign might still be there, but I didn't see it. Maybe the thieves got it too. If I was a thief, that would be the first thing I'd take.
Anyway, I obeyed the ephemeral sign and did not leave any valuables in my car, mostly by virtue of not having any valuables. The thieves got a grocery store discount card and a tupperware holding loose change. But I bought a ludicrously expensive burrito last Thursday, so all it held was $2.15 in nickels.
I've been known to misplace nickels but a tupperware full of them would set new records, so I'm pretty sure some thieving was involved.
I never did get around to activating that discount card. I'd filled out the application form but couldn't be bothered to mail it in. Postage these days, you know. With the crummy discounts those things give you it takes an awful lot of groceries to be worth a dollar stamp.
I don't know what the world is coming to. Time was thieves had some brains, no thief worth the title would break into a ten year old compact car with a cracked windshield.
Anyway, I ran the trestles, 22km round trip. Nearly two and half hours but I'm not really sure how long because my hands stiffened up too much in the cold and I accidentally reset my stopwatch app. I made the mistake of using my phone as a stopwatch, and my clumsy fingers managed to somehow open up 16 diffferent apps all at once and then they all crashed.
At any rate it definitely wasn't my fasted pace but in my defence there were no water stations. All the water was in the sky. I nearly drowned.

No comments: