Saturday, April 18, 2015

Beyond the Comfort Zone

This morning I went to a rally against bill C-51, which I really must blog about sometime. Only it turned out to be a planning session for the local NDP candidate. That’s not a big leap, but it is still kind of unexpected.

She doesn’t have a hope of winning, not in a riding where the Conservatives routinely get three times as much as the second place finisher. But she managed to convince me - reclusive germaphobe me - to knock on doors and shake hands for a couple hours. So I’m a little worried she might be persuasive enough to accidentally become Secretary-General or something.

It wasn’t anywhere close to what I’d planned for my day, but it was at least an interesting change.

I wonder what surprises will happen next?


That’s me in the back left, with the impending sunburn and the grimace of despair.

No comments: