Monday, August 3, 2015

So It Begins

So It Begins

Today was a good day… nice long bike ride, finished a book, went kayaking, and what else happened? Oh right, this:



Well, this is enough to rain on anyone’s parade, even a politics and news addict like me… it will be the longest and most expensive political campaign in 143 years. The last time we had this, candidates had to do their whistle-stop tour by covered wagon… there were not yet transcontinental trains to whistle.

The extra time means extra money, which is of course why the election is so long to begin with… the Conservatives have more money to play with than the other parties. I’ve already hit the donation limit for the local NDP candidate, I’ll have to consider donating to the federal party as well.

In any case, to all my Conservative enemies, I’m sure we’ll go back to our polite indifference soon enough. To all my Liberal acquaintances, I look forward to hearing about your gardens and pets and other mundane trivialities soon enough. To all my Green friends propping those Liberals up… may the best woman win.


No comments: