Saturday, July 4, 2015

Stream of Semiconsciousness

Well hey, that’s an awesome title. I’m a little jealous of my own title. Or I guess I’m jealous of the readers who get to encounter that without having gone to the effort of creating it. Sort of like how I’m jealous of my own veins, but really I’m jealous of the people who get the joy of starting IVs in such excellent veins.

Where was I?

Today would have been a great day to be healthy, I think. I had been scheduled on the duty car, and I saw them out and about three times today. And then a little later I saw a tremendous traffic jam on 97 that probably resulted from some sort of wreck. I think my replacement had some fun today.

No sooner did the shift I didn’t work finish than this happens:

Come on, that would have been perfect. I know those roads. I learned to drive on those roads. I’ve hiked there ten thousand times.

Oh well. At least the downtime gave me the chance to catch up on some reading. So caught up, in fact, that I went and bought a new video game to suck up some extra time. Well, that and a console to play it with. It took about three hours to get the new console working and my that point another dose of codeine had kicked in to I only played the new game for about 15 minutes before falling asleep… that’s why I’m writing this so late, actually. Just woke up on the couch.

Where was I?

The game store has a $15 membership that comes with a 10% discount, so because my order was more than $150 I got that. Don’t expect to use it much. The clerk was trying to point out all the benefits… apparently if I spend $5000 a year the renewal is free! I told him that I’d been playing for 20 years, bought seven consoles and scores of games, and still hadn’t spent anywhere near $5000 in my entire life, let alone one year. He was flabbergasted. This poor schmuck apparently has $20000 worth of video games lying around. I hope he gets an employee discount.

Anyway, that’s all the time we have this week. Keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: